At the moment, PocketCultures contributors are writing about games played in their countries and we invite you be a part of the team.
Write about a game played by children where you live and your entry could be featured in the book!
General rules to enter the contest:
- Write about a game played by kids in your country.
- Describe how to play it and something extra about how it fits in your country / culture: do you know a story about the game’s history? Or does it bring back memories? Do kids still play these days?
- Games which don’t need equipment are best (that way kids all over the world can play). It could be a game you play indoors or outdoors, a game with a song attached to it, it might involve running around, it might be a sitting-down game.
But, what is the prize ?
Well… if you win:
- your game will be included in our book of children’s games around the world;
- you will be profiled on the author page of the book;
- you will receive a free copy of the completed ebook
1. Write your entry here or post it on your blog (link to this post and leave a comment with a link to yours)
2. Submissions should be less than 500 words
3. Closing date is Saturday 23rd October
All the online entries will be linked in a post after the competition closes. Good luck!